Let’s talk about why it is shedding.
After the factory workers sew the hair pieces into a bundle, there might be some short pieces that are not attached to the weft. Due to this, when you first comb it or shampoo your Diamond Lush Hair, the shorter pieces will shed. This is completely natural. This is why we recommend a pre-wash/co-wash prior to wearing and styling your hair extensions.
All of the wefts are double machine weft to prevent any possible shedding. If you have to cut the weft to adjust the hair volume for your install, please be sure seal the edges of the wefts to minimize shedding.
Shampoo your hair extensions every one or two weeks. Because the hair is not attached to your scalp, it does not receive the protection or moisturizing effects of the natural oils. If you have an extremely oily scalp, consider using a dry shampoo at your roots between washing.
We highly recommend gently shampooing or co-washing prior to installing. Co-washing is a method of washing hair with conditioner only. When co-washing your hair you should use a moisturizing conditioner to wash the hair with warm water. Rinse the hair with cold water. Allow your hair to COMPLETELY air dry before installing (DO NOT roll or rub hair at all with your hands or a towel). To prevent shedding of your Diamond Lush Hair Collection bundles; seal the wefts and try to prevent cutting the wefts unless absolutely necessary.
1. Before starting, sit out all shampoos, conditioners, and preferably a bowl of lukewarm water.
2. Put the hair into the warm water (no more than 95°F) and soak the hair in the water.
3. Apply mild shampoo and gently shampoo the hair. Use a shampoo particularly made for hair extensions. These shampoos help to maintain tangle to a minimum, while likewise keeping up your hair's normal moisture balance.
Helpful Tip: Shampoo the D Lush Hair Bundles, beginning from the top to end of the bundle by lightly massaging the shampoo into the hair. It's imperative that you keep the hair straight while shampooing. Shampooing the hair in this manner avoids matting and tangles.
4. Rinse the hair in the water, from the top of the weft to the tip. Again, be sure to not rub or roll the hair.
5. Soak up the water with a towel by gently pressing the towel to the hair bundle. Do NOT rub the towel up and down the hair bundle.
6. Gently apply conditioner to the hair from the top of the weft to the bottom of the bundle. Allow the conditioner to stay on the hair for no less than 3 minutes. Afterwards, gently rinse the hair with warm water.
7. Do a final rinse with cool water. This allows for the cuticles along the hair shaft of the bundles to close and lock in moisture.
8. Gently towel squeeze and press the towel against the hair making sure to not rub or roll the towel against the hair. Do this down each segment of hair, lightly.
9. Put the opened hair weft in the air and dry in the natural wind.
Hair Tip: We recommend allowing the hair to completely air dry prior to styling. We DO NOT recommend using hair or blow dryers. Using drying devices may cause excess drying of the hair bundles, shortening the life of the hair.
DAILY HAIR CARE
Keep styling products to a minimum, because it weighs the hair down. We recommend using weightless hydrating oils and mists. When using heat, always apply a heat protectant agent.
NIGHTLY HAIR CARE
At night do not sleep on wet hair. Always sleep with a satin scarf/bonnet or on a silk pillow.
GENERAL HAIR CARE
CURLY TEXTURES DAILY HAIR CARE
**Please remember that curly hair is very high maintenance. Curly textures are for advanced to intermediate Diamond Lush virgin hair wearers.**
HAIR CARE PRODUCTS
Use products that specify for hair bundles and that promote lightweight oils. Use a good (leave-in) conditioner to keep your hair soft. (We recommend Mizani 25 Miracle Leave-In Conditioner) Don’t overdo it. Too much conditioner or any other hair care product can cause a buildup and tangling. Avoid hair products that contain alcohols that dry. (Not all alcohols in hair care products dry your hair. Here is a blog that specify which are drying alcohols for you.) Ask your stylist what would be the best products for your hair if in doubt.
COARSE HAIR CONSIDERATIONS:
If you are planning to purchase coarse-textured hair, please note that the coarser the hair is; the more prone to damage it can be. Coarse hair is fragile hair. It requires moisture and a commitment to making sure it is taken care of on a daily basis. The ends can break under high and frequent heat usage or manipulation more easily than softer hair will. The lifespan of coarse hair will be shorter than the lifespan of softer hair. Please keep this in mind when purchasing.
Please know that the more coarse the hair is the more it will react to the elements (weather). If you do not like poofy, frizzy, natural looking coarse hair, you should not purchase a very coarse texture. Most women who like this texture, purchase it because they are natural (unrelaxed), and want a hair type that will compliment and react similarly to how their natural hair reacts to the elements (heat, humidity, rain, etc.)